Gourmet Raw Vegan in NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
Jess Rice, Instagram Foodie
Raw Lavender Superfood Cheesecake
yields 12 to 16 slices
First, make your crust
1 cup walnuts
½ cup pitted Medjool dates
¼ cup maca powder
½ vanilla bean, seeded
¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1. In a food processor, pulse walnuts, maca powder, vanilla bean seeds, and salt until combined. The texture should be medium-fine and crumbly.
2. Turn food processor on and add Medjool dates, one by one, until mixture reaches a sticky dough-like consistency.
3. Press the crust mixture into a 10″ cake pan, making sure the thickness of the bottom is consistent throughout.
4. Set aside.
Second, make the filling.
Lavender Cheesecake Filling with dōTERRA lavender essential oil
3 cups raw cashews; soaked, rinsed, and drained
1 vanilla bean, seeded
4 drops doTERRA lavender essential oil (to taste, a little goes a LONG way!)
½ cup lemon juice
½ cup agave syrup
¾ cup coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup coconut water
¼ cup blueberries
1. Warm coconut oil in your dehydrator, double boiler, or by placing the (closed) jar in hot water until liquid.
2. Combine all ingredients (except blueberries) in high-speed blender and process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of your blender as needed.
3. Pour mixture onto crust.
4. Scrape down the blender so the mixture on the sides is at the bottom by the blade and add ¼ cup blueberries and blend again. This now purple leftover mixture will be what you decorate your cheesecake or garnish your serving plates with!
5. Decorate, cover, and freeze your cheesecake for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
6. Slice while still frozen with a sharp knife.
7. Allow cake to thaw for an hour in the refrigerator before serving. Consider adding lavender flowers to elevate your plating.
photo: Emily Hall-Dorio