A raw vegan chocolate malt brownie bite perfectly bite-sized.
Author: McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN
Recipe type: dessert, snack
• 1½ cups almonds
• ½ cup hazelnuts
• ½ cup cocoa powder
• 1½ cup dates, pitted
• 1 Vega Maca Chocolate bar (optional), chopped
• 1 tablespoon organic maca powder
• 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Place nuts in food processor/high speed blender on pulse, and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
• Add the cacao and salt.
• Pulse to combine.
• Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running.
• The end result will look like crumbs, but it should easily stick together when you press the mixture together (if not, add more dates).
• In a large bowl combine the ground nuts/dates with the remaining ingredients.
• Place this mixing bowl into the fridge for about 20 minutes to cool/harden.
• After chilled, roll the mixture into bite sized (about 1 tablespoon) balls and roll in the palm of your hand. Do this until the mixture is all rolled.
• Place rolled brownie bites onto a flat sheet or plate to cool before stacking into an airtight container for storage.
• Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve.
• Store in an airtight container.
• These stay great in the freezer for long safe-keeping!
TEXTURE // I choose to leave the nuts a bit more chunky versus finely ground because I like the texture- feel free to grind the nuts more if you like a smoother texture.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS // vega maca chocolate is optional, it gives it a nice bite and extra chocolate flavor. The maca powder is what really gives it the malt flavor!
Recipe reuse please note: Photography and recipe copyright of McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN Nutrition Stripped, nutritionstripped.com. Please do not redistribute or use without direct permission.