Wooden cutting boards should never be submerged in water or placed in the dishwasher.
1. Rub a cut lemon into the surface of the cutting board with a large amount of salt. Rinse off with water.
2. Spray the surface with white vinegar and rinse.
3. Wipe down the board with a paper towel dampened with white vinegar. Rinse and wipe down with another paper towel dampened with 3% hydrogen peroxide.
4. Scrub the cutting board surface with a paste made from 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon water.
5. Dry your board completely and sprinkle with salt. Scrub the surface using a clean sponge soaked in hot water and repeat as needed. Great for removing stains.