Instagram: @crazyinspiredlife | crazyinspiredlife.com
Super Summer Salads
Keep it simple. Let the freshness of the ingredients shine. It’s all about the combination and balance of color and texture. Homemade dressings hands dow`n. All you need for a simple dressing are fat (oil), acid (vinegar, citrus), fresh herbs, salt, pepper and a little Dijon mustard. It’s that easy!
1 cup quinoa (3 cups cooked)
1 can chickpeas
2 scallions, sliced
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup golden raisins
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
¼ tsp salt
½ cup Just Mayo
1 tsp curry
4 tsp apricot preserves
½ lemon, juiced
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• Rinse quinoa in water and strain.
• Bring quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil.
• Reduce heat, place lid on and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Set aside until cool.
• Once cool, toss all ingredients together with desired amount of dressing.
• Top with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
• Add all dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until well combined.