Instagram: @fareisle | fareisle.com
1½ cups all-purpose flour
²⁄³ cup whole cane sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp fine grain salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 cup roasted sweet pumpkin or winter squash (does not need to be pureed) or canned sweet pumpkin
½ cup canola or olive oil
¹⁄³ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, such as soy
¼ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup, divided
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp raw hulled pumpkin seeds
• Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a standard muffin tin with liners.
• Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger in a mixing bowl.
• In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together cooked pumpkin, oil, milk, ¼ cup maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract.
• Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until combined, about 1 minute.
• Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full.
• In a small bowl or cup, coat pumpkin seeds with reserved tablespoon of maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
• Spoon pumpkin seeds onto the top of the muffin batter in each cup.
• Bake at 400˚F for 20 minutes on center rack until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.