Julia Koban Trigo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Instagram: @delight.fuel | delight-fuel.com
1½ cups cashews, soaked
1 can full-fat coconut cream
3-4 medjool dates, soaked
2 tsp vanilla extract
¹⁄³ cup tahini caramel (homemade)
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
¼ cup toasted buckwheat (optional)
• To prepare the ice cream base, soak cashews overnight or for 4 hours minimum. Rinse cashews and place in a food processor.
• Process for about 5-10 minutes until completely smooth. Add soaked dates and process until dissolved. Transfer into a medium-sized bowl.
• Add coconut cream and vanilla extract to the cashew cream and combine. • Pour base mixture into your ice cream molds, leaving out a bit of space for the caramel.
• Let sit in freezer for about 1 hour before adding the tahini caramel to the top.
• Place back in the freezer for another 1-2 hours.
• To prepare the chocolate coating, melt chocolate with coconut oil and maple syrup (optional) over low heat.
• To prepare the buckwheat, toast buckwheat at 350°F for about 5-10 minutes until slightly brown.
• Once the chocolate has melted, add in the toasted buckwheat and combine. Take ice cream pops out of the freezer and coat them with chocolate by using a spoon. Let sit on a baking sheet until chocolate has fully hardened.
• Enjoy immediately or store in freezer for up to 2 weeks.