Instagram: @talesofhorizon | westrayandstay.com
2 cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans chickpeas
150 g kale
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp maple syrup
Salt & pepper
• Roast the sliced onion with a splash of water. Add the minced garlic a few minutes later.
• Next, add kale stems and drained chickpeas. Drizzle the maple syrup on top.
• When the stems are tender, add the rest of the kale and 1 minute later the tomatoes.
• Now add all the spices left. Use a lid and let it simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Serve it with rice of your choice or potatoes. Top it off with spring onions, black sesame and some lemon juice!